4.20.2012

MY WORK: LABOR OF LOVE



I thought it might be time to finally share some of my work. This is the piece that I consider so special as it is a reflection of my design taste, and my passion. It was a labor of love as I designed, hand selected the wood, cut my materials, finished, oiled, forged, milled, and poured my heart into this piece. It now sits in my home in SLC!

On a side note, I undertook this project at ASU while studying Industrial Design. I happened upon an amazing shop instructor who was hands down the most influential and encouraging teacher I had during my time there, and he wasn't even an instructor in my program. Serves as a reminder to keep your mind open to opportunities and chances to learn! I wish my entire time at ASU could have been spent there in the shop, I felt far more creative designing and creating with my hands and evolving projects as the materials called for, than I ever did in a traditional design course. 
all images by me

No comments:

Post a Comment